2048 Solitaire is a very new version of solitaire. It combines both solitaire and the popular game 2048. This game is a little different from other versions of solitaire in that it cannot be played with a card deck and you can only play 2048 Solitaire online or on a mobile device.
Your main aim when playing 2048 Solitaire is to attempt to match cards of the same number. When you do this, they’ll stack on top of each other and turn into their sum. For example, by placing an 8 on an 8, you’ll get a 16. The ultimate goal of the 2048 Solitaire game is to continue until a 2048 card is created. At that point, the game is considered won, but play can continue if the player wants to attempt a higher score.
How to Play 2048 Solitaire
Like most variations of solitaire, the rules of 2048 Solitaire are relatively simple, apart from the fact it is not played with a normal card deck but with just numerical 2048 Solitaire cards instead. Regardless, here are the main rules for playing Solitaire 2048.
Rules of 2048 Solitaire
- When you begin playing, you’ll be presented with a full card deck and four empty piles on the tableau. You should be able to click and drag cards from the stockpile deck into the empty piles to begin the game.
- Cards of any numerical value can be put into empty piles, and by placing two of the same cards on top of each other, they’ll combine. For example, placing a 16 on another 16 will create a 32 card. (Here is a list of the doubles to reach 2048: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048)
- As you continue to play, the columns of cards will keep stacking up. If they reach the dashed line at the edge of the tableau, then the game is over, so make sure to keep a good eye on them. Therefore, a main tactic for winning 2048 Solitaire games is to keep shrinking your piles and clearing columns to keep the tableau relatively empty.
That’s all you need to begin playing 2048 Solitaire. It’s a relatively self-explanatory game, but it can be hugely satisfying to win. So, if you feel ready, try out a version of 2048 Solitaire or, if you want to know a couple of tips and tricks to increase your winning chances, be sure to read on.
How to Win in 2048 Solitaire
Winning 2048 Solitaire can be quite a challenge. So, if you want to give yourself the biggest chance of winning and impressing your friends, then take a look at some of these tips for getting to the end of the game and increasing your high score.
- When cards are placed onto one of the four original piles, they cannot be moved into another pile. Therefore, you have to be careful with where you’re placing your cards. Keep in mind that you can only remove these cards if you merge them with a card of the same value.
- A general tip is to always place cards from the stockpile onto a card of higher value. This way, it has a chance to merge with the card below it instead of blocking up your game.
- In a few versions of 2048 Solitaire, merging several cards with just one move will give you a score boost. So, keep an eye out for any opportunities here as they’ll help you increase your high score.
- You can always see the two top cards in the stockpile in 2048 Solitaire, so use this to your advantage. While the second card cannot be played until the first has been moved into play, it will have an effect on the game. So be sure to think through all future options if you want to be a tactical player.
Those are the main tips for becoming a pro at 2048 Solitaire. The best way to get better is to keep these tips in mind and practice playing the game. The more you play, the easier it will become.
If you’re still itching to know more about 2048 Solitaire, then read on to find answers to some frequently asked questions about the game.
What is a wild card?
A wild card is an extra add on in some versions of 2048 Solitaire. Wild cards will periodically pop up in the stockpile and can merge with a card of any value. For example, if a wild card is played on a 16, then it will merge into a 32. Wild cards can be greatly useful, so be sure to check if the version of 2048 Solitaire you’re playing has them!
What is the best 2048 Solitaire score possible?
The best possible score for 2048 Solitaire is currently unknown, but the game becomes near impossible after exceeding a score of 8,192 (2 doubles away from 2048). So, if you want a real challenge, see if you can beat this total.
Can you discard cards?
Yes. Some versions of 2048 Solitaire allow players to discard the current cards in play. However, you must make sure you don’t waste this chance, as you can only do it twice during any game. Therefore, only use it when you are really stuck!
This brings us to the end of this article about 2048 Solitaire. While a lesser-known version of solitaire, 2048 Solitaire is extremely addictive, great for math addicts, and can present a fresh challenge to anyone who wants to play a new version of their favorite game.